Happy New Year!! Here’s to what will hopefully be a very happy and healthy year for all! ❤ This time of year is always an interesting time to reflect on the prior year and think of what all you can look forward to moving forward. So, as we leave 2022 in the dust, I wanted to make a little post of highlights and changes that came about last year before I’m fully ready to tackle 2023.
First Selfie of 2022: January Last Selfie of 2022: December
Number of Pets at the Start of 2022: 1 Number of Pets at the End of 2022: 2
Favorite Vacations/Events of 2022 in No Particular Oder:
- Getting my mental health under control and seeing all the amazing changes I’ve been able to make because of it.
- Welcoming our new fur nephew Ridley to the family and getting to see his amazing transformation. We’re so proud of him for how far he has come, and for Mr. and Mrs. C&M who have provided him with his forever home, endless amounts of love, patience, and treats. ^_^
- Couples’ trip to Kalahari Resort and Waterpark with Mr. Moth and Mr. & Mrs. Cupcakes & Machetes
- Having our baby werewolf puppy Noi officially join the family, and then her immediately becoming BFFs with C&M’s little gentleman Ridley! ❤ “Yeti Butt”, “The Tiniest Banshee”, and “Noi ‘No Bones’ ” are just a few of her many nicknames. She loves everyone she meets and is such a playful little clown.
- 2 Year wedding anniversary vacation with Mr. Moth in Toronto, Canada
- Dragula: World Tour (Detroit, MI) with our besties.
- The Birthday Massacre concert with Mr. Moth
- Taking Mr. and Mrs. C&M to their very first Theatre Bizarre
- Finally getting to meet Melanie from Grab the Lapels and her hubby! They were an absolute blast and so great to hang out with.
Books/Graphic Novels Read: 20
Art Challenges Completed: 2 (Shark Week art & N64 gaming/art collab)
New Years’s Resolutions for 2022 Completed: 3.5 out of 5 (not too shabby)
New Hobbies/Interests Discovered in 2022:
- Relaxing and kicking my creativity into gear with adult coloring books
- Learning new massage techniques and trying out new tools
- Renewed love for swimming. Seriously, how did I forget just how much I love being in the water?!
- Tracking the cycle of the moon, utilizing lunar rituals for maintaining focus and perspective (aka: witchy shit)
- Dog training (pretty important to learn now that we have summoned a demon, er, I mean puppy into our home.) 😛
- Just even trying new things in general. Since I made so many strides with my mental health in 2022 it’s been nice not being so intimidated by change or new opportunities.
- Being more social and outgoing with people
Favorite Movie Watched in 2022:
I absolutely LOVED the movie Togo (2019). So. Many. Feels. ❤ I loved the cartoon Balto growing up but I was so happy to see that this movie was made since Togo never fully got the spotlight he deserved compared to Balto. Cannot recommend this movie enough!
Favorite Show Watched in 2022:
I feel like my answer is gonna have to be House of the Dragon but I’m also really struggling to remember what all I watched last year.
Favorite Anime Watched in 2022:
This is soooo hard because ever since the pandemic started I have grossly lacked ANY comprehension of time, so my gut instinct is to say Dorohedoro, but I feel like I watched that before 2022 . . . but, then again, I have watched and re-watched it far more times than I care to admit. (Just kidding, your girl has ZERO shame or regrets!) 😉 Buuuut, for the sake of picking something I most likely watched for the first time in 2022, I’d have to say it’s a toss up between the last season of Attack on Titan or Jujutsu Kaisen.
Favorite (non-anime) Animated Series Watched in 2022:
The Legend of Vox Machina. Can’t wait for more fantastical shenanigans come season 2!
Favorite Novel Read in 2022:
It was so hard to pick which book was my favorite, but I think the characters in V.E. Schwab’s Vicious just really stole the show for me. Such a fun read. 🙂
Favorite Short Story Read in 2022:
Interesting short story about werewolves, the end of the second World War, and a small village in war-torn Europe where childhood fairytales and horror are very much one and the same.
Favorite Graphic Novel Read in 2022:
I’ve read SO much of this over on Webtoon and loved every bit of it, so needless to say, I had to show my support and buy it in printed form and enjoy it all over again. It’s all about Hades and Persephone and other Greek gods being their chaotic, messy selves but with a modern twist. Love the art and the characters. ❤
Writing in 2022: Well, unfortunately, due to a serious lack in free time, I just didn’t get as much writing done in 2022 as I’d been hoping to. However, absolutely refusing to let that happen again, I’ve got a quarterly schedule mapped out for this year. I’ve been doing a lot of planning as the new year was creeping closer, and I’m really hoping to make 2023 a year full of focus and intent.
How did you ring in the New Year? Are you looking forward to anything special in 2023? What was one of your best moments in 2022?
6 thoughts on “Then & Now: 2022 Wrap-Up”
You know how I feel about 2022 BUT there were good moments too and most of them involved you guys in one way or another. So, thank you for that. THANK YOU FOR BEING MY SHINING MOON BEAM MOTH GODDESS.
I hope we both have an amazing year this go around, and you get to begin shopping around your book!
Ridley says thank you for getting him a BFF and being the best aunt/uncle/godparents on the planet. ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aww, I love ya, Lady! ❤ ❤ ❤ Thank you!!!
You always make my year so much better too! ^_^
Also, I will now be using "Shining Moon Beam Moth Goddess" as my official title going forward. Haha and Ridley is SO welcome, tell HIM thank you for being our little demon's BFF too and that we love him to pieces! ❤ And thank you guys for being the bestest auntie and uncle to Little No-No too despite all the trouble she likes to cause! 😛
LikeLiked by 1 person
You know troublesome animals are my favorite. 🙂
Um, I feel like I need a whole post on “witchy shit”! I want to know more!
Alma Katsu’s stories are, like, whoa. Her stuff is so interesting.
It was so great to meet you guys, and I’m sure we’ll do it again in 2023. By then, your dog will be a full-grown wolfie peeing in shoes. Hooray!
I am really, really trying to detach my significance as a human being from my ability to earn money, and I confess I suck at this goal. However, seeing how your entire post focuses on art and culture and animals truly motivates me to shift perspectives. Thank you 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha I can definitely do that! ^_^ It’s been really therapeutic and inspiring.
Haha I agree, we had a blast! ❤ Yeah, hopefully we can do it again soon, just without the wolfie-pee-in-shoes bit. 😛
And thank you so much, that warms my heart. ❤ The world does not make it easy to not have to think about money constantly so I'm really glad my post could make you feel inspired in that way. ^_^
LikeLiked by 1 person
Happy New Year, my friend. All the best for 2023… and beyond! 🙂