Daaaaaaaamn, guys. I seriously can’t get over the fact that tomorrow is the final day of the year. It feels like 2017 went by in the blink of an eye. A lot of things happened and a lot of changes were made, all for the better. 🙂 I feel like this was a fantastic and much-needed year for patching up what was once the fast-sinking vessel that is my mental health. I’m happy to report that I accomplished a lot of important goals I’d set for myself this past year, and that I’m not only much happier, but also much stronger, because of it.
I had a lot of things I wanted to work on in an attempt at bettering myself and I conquered the goals set before me. Honestly, it’s probably been my best year ever as far as slaying New Year’s Resolutions goes and it feels pretty damn good. I plan on riding that high right into 2018 by continuing to try and better myself. That’s kind of the thing about life, isn’t it? We’re always pushing ourselves, learning new things, and taking new chances.
So, that said, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of what exactly my goals are for the new year! I’ve got several themes for my various goals concerning different aspects of my life. Things like reading, fitness, writing, etc. (Knowing me, I’ll probably come up with several additional goals throughout the year, but as of right now, here’s what I intend to work on in 2018:)
Reading Goals of 2018:
- Finally read the neglected books that have been sitting on my bookshelves, untouched.
- Venture into reading more poetry.
- Read 50 books/graphic novels (Last year’s goal was 45, so I upped it by 5.)
Creative Goals of 2018:
- Bust my ass to get my writing project ready to start submitting by the end of 2018.
- Start utilizing art tutorials and online courses to learn snazzy new art skills.
- Experiment with watercolors.
- Draw! Draw! Draw! Write! Write! Write!
Fitness Goals of 2018:
- Do more cardio, kickboxing, and dance.
- Drink more water.
- Find more fun and active hobbies like going to the trampoline park.
So, that just about covers my personal goals for the new year. 🙂 How about you? Are you planning on making any new year’s resolutions? Did you complete any this past year? I’d love to hear about them! 😀
Since I don’t know if I’ll have time to hop on tomorrow, let me just wish you all a very Happy New Year! Here’s to what will hopefully be a fantastic 2018! ❤